In embedded detector electronics there is usually not much space available. A standard White Rabbit Switch is not suited for detectors like Chromium or KM3NeT.
A standard WR Switch consists of a small size Switch Core Board (SCB), which houses all switch intelligence, plugged onto a "simple" miniBackplane with 18 SFP ports. Backplane-20SFP is a miniBackplane in a small form factor. Twenty 20 SPF connections are available. Plugging a standard SCB with standard gateware and software creates a standard 18 port switch. Ports 19 and 20 are routed to the SCB FPGA but not used in the gateware, nor software.
- Backplane-20SFP schematics.
- PCB component placement and PCB stack-up and Drill info
- Follow this link for the PCB manufacturing files.
- Schematics of the standard 18 port miniBackplane_SFP_V3_3 that served as a reference design
- Schematics of the SCB V3.4 to be plugged onto the Backplane-20SFP
- SCB serial numbers.
- Backplane-20SFP serial numbers.
- Test procedure
Documentation: Older versions
|09-05-17||Start of project|
|18-12-17||Uploaded PCB manufacturing data|
|29-01-18||Added subpage SCB serial numbers|
|27-03-18||5 boards tested, update picture|
|24-04-18||minor issues => V2.0 schematics|
|21-06-18||added link to V2.0 component placement and stack-up/drill info|
|14-09-18||added Backplane-20SFP serial numbers sub-wiki + test procedure|
|04-04-19||repaired broken link, after OHWR migration to GitLab|